Read More...  Purchase Tickets
Through hands on instructions students will develop their understanding of the fundamentals of photography. They will apply those concepts by taking photographs in class to further their knowledge of how their cameras work and operate.
Equipment: Provided by Students
• DSLR Camera (preferred) or Point & Shoot with owner’s manual.
• SD or CF Card 8GB min.
• ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture
• Depth of Field
• File Types (JPG, RAW)
• Formatting Cards
• Proper File Practice
• Functions (Manual, Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority)
• Proper Exposure
• Internal Light Meter
• Setting Focal Point
• On Camera Flash/Fill Flash (Time Permitting)
• Practice adjusting ISO, Shutter, Aperture for proper exposure
• Manipulating ISO, Shutter, Aperture to get shallow depth of field
• Shooting inside vs. outside
• Color Temperature based on available light (Tungsten vs. Fluorescent vs. Sun/UV)
• Time Permitting: using on camera flash for mixed lighting, fill, flash & slash.
Students will need to provide their own DSLR camera and SD card listed above.
This course has no prerequisites
Ticket Sales end two days before the event begins.
Please be prepared to supply an contact phone number in case of last minute scheduling changes.
About the instructor:
Oktawian moved to Atlanta in 2012 to attend school at SCAD. He received his MFA in Photography in 2015. From the time he moved here until now he has been an active member in the art community. His art work has been exhibited in several art events and galleries including: Art on the Beltline, Atlanta Film Festival, Atlanta Celebrates Photography, BurnAway, and Mason Fine Art; and has interned with various Galleries and been a part of several events including: ABV, A3C, Shaky Beats, White Space, and Palm Springs Photography Festival.
Currently Oktawian works as a full time photographer/fabricator for The Home Depot doing Catalog and E-Com. 360 product photography. He has also worked as a photography assistant with various Atlanta photographers and photography studios. He recently accepted a part time position with MASS Collective as an apprentice and Photography/CNC instructor. He is currently in the process of creating a new body of sculptural work in his spare time.